... in your deliberations, when seeking to determine the military conditions, let them be made the basis of a comparison, in this wise:--Sun Tzu earlier explains that "The Moral Law causes the people to be in complete accord with their ruler, so that they will follow him regardless of their lives, undismayed by any danger." I contemplate the current U.S. adventures in war and I fear for my country.
(1) Which of the two sovereigns is imbued
with the Moral law?
(2) Which of the two generals has most ability?
(3) With whom lie the advantages derived from Heaven
(4) On which side is discipline most rigorously enforced?
(5) Which army is stronger?
(6) On which side are officers and men more highly trained?
(7) In which army is there the greater constancy
both in reward and punishment?
By means of these seven considerations I can
forecast victory or defeat.