Sunday, December 21, 2008

Merry Christmas




Long time OOTJ readers might recognize the drawing from a rant I posted in December, 2005, at the height of the "War on Christmas." As right-wing Christian pundits claimed that folks who asked for multi-cultural sensitivity were marginalizing Christians, I thought they missed the real war on Christmas -- the long-term siege by Mammon. My Santa then was drab, gray and MAD. This Santa has been seriously worked over by my talented daughter, Alexa McKenzie. And he looks a lot more cheerful, which makes sense. There has been a lot less culture war nonsense lately.

So, Merry Christmas, if you celebrate that, like me. If you celebrate Hannukah, Happy Hannukah. If you celebrate other holidays at this winter solstice time, may your holiday be bright and joyful. And may we all have a happy, healthy and prosperous new year -- lots of new beginnings!

No comments: