Friday, November 05, 2010

Brief & Exasperated: Don't Ask, Don't Tell, Don't Even Thnk About it!


This OOTJ blogger keeps thinking it might be safe to start posting things about the litigation about Don't Ask Don't Tell. And then, more unravels. Or it doesn't. It just keeps getting more and more exasperating. So I keep putting off blogging about it. And I keep getting more annoyed. I am sorry that I haven't put anything at all up. I have been so quick to put things up about the same sex marriage issue and so it may seem odd that nothing at all has appeared here about the Don't Ask Don't Tell issue. Every time I get ready to put things up, it blows up again. I apologize. By now, I have gotten a bit gun shy (sorry). The Log Cabin Republicans'Website has many news updates and a few full text links about the case. More links on Justia, at the style Log Cabin Republicans v. Rumsfeld. Also at Scribd, with the style Log Cabin Republicans v. Gates, or Log Cabin Republicans v. U.S.. You can also find good coverage at LawMemo blog about Employment Law by Ross Runkel.

While I am disappointed in the Obama administration, I suppose I understand their arguments. It would be nice to believe that the pols would do the right thing and pass a political solution to the problem. I have a bad feeling this isn't going to happen. I suppose we'll see. In the meantime, we have excellent people who are willing to fight for the U.S., whose skills and talents we need, who are being dismissed if their sexual orientation becomes public. This is just sad and needless.

No comments: