Friday, December 15, 2006

R.I.P. Sara Robbins

Most folks in the law library community have already heard that Sara Robbins, the long-time director of the library at Brooklyn Law School, was killed December 13. She was struck and killed by a private trash contractor as she crossed the street to work early in the morning.

Sara was a very kind and sweet colleague. When I started as a director, she was one of the people who spoke with me, and encouraged me at AALS meetings and elsewhere. I remember her beautiful needlepoints that she worked as she sat listening at meetings. I will miss her, as I am sure many others will. What a terrible shock and loss! My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family.

Memorials preferred in lieu of flowers to Hadassah.

Funeral Home Obit link

The online guest book memorializing Sara here

News story

Brooklyn Law School Mourns

Brooklyn Law School brief bio





No comments: