Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Evan Schaeffer, Friend of Law Libraries

From Evan's The Illinois Trial Practice Weblog:

So You Can't Think of a Reason Why Law Libraries Are Useful?

Though I'm a big fan of law libraries, my last post on the topic only urged readers to browse the stacks: "Need Trial Practice Tips? Browse the Stacks of Your Local Law Library." Good advice, but now I realize I was selling law libraries short. There are many more reasons why your local law library can be useful to you. You'll find them all in "More on the Joys of Law Libraries," a guest post at My Shingle by Mary Whisner, the assistant librarian for reference services at the Gallagher Law Library of the University of Washington School of Law.

Whisner's article expands on the following eight features of law libraries, seven more than I noted: librarians, books, databases, audiovisual materials, space, networking, services at a distance, and training.

Since I only noted "books," I stand corrected. Make sure to take a look at Whisner's excellent post.

No comments: